Exclusive to the National Gallery of Victoria and featuring nearly 50 stunning, vividly coloured Van Gogh masterpieces, the exhibition is inspired by Vincent Van Gough’s love for autumn and adoration of Japanese art. Before entering each season’s gallery, you'll first be welcomed by a 9-minute intro video to learn about Van Gogh history.
You'll then explore the seasons, how Van Gogh connected to his artwork with each stroke, and witness how each painting carried within it soul the emotions of the painter soul. The Seasons explores this visionary artist’s profound connection to the seasons – spring-time, with its blossoming orchards and flowering meadows; summer, with fields of ripe wheat shimmering under the hot sun; autumn, with bountiful harvests and solitary figures sowing seeds; and winter, with peasants digging potatoes out of frozen fields.
When gazing, you'll almost feel like you're looking out of a window, seeing beyond the seasons.
Here are five reasons why you should see Van Gogh and The Seasons.
1) To learn! I only knew small parts about Vincent Van Gogh’s life. His paintings tell a story about his life, personal struggles and him dealing with his health. Also what inspired him to paint and what he did during those seasons shines through his work.
2) You'll be taken on a seasonal journey. You'll enter the surroundings of Winter, taken right into Summer and waltz through spring in a way that only art can instigate.
3) See his art change throughout the years, and be prepared to be catching yourself gazing at one picture for 20 minutes, I know I did.
4) Feel the art, see nature blossoming through the eyes of another.
5) See his paintings up close, learn his artist work, see his brush strokes, admire the art that has made such a mark on the industry.
So what are you waiting for? Book your ticket, or book your flight!?
Go check it out during the weekdays or NGV Friday Nights to experience live music and more on their special nights!