Wallace & Gromit and Friends: The Magic of Aardman.
Prepare yourself to be amazed and walk into the life of Wallace & Gromit. ACMI brings a fantastic new Melbourne Winter Masterpiece to the collection, and have added it to the list of their well known exhibitions that they hold each winter. The last one I attended was the world of Martin Scorsese, and this year I experienced and enjoyed the magical world of Aardman, one of the world’s most successful animation studios and the creative force behind beloved film and television such as Wallace & Gromit, Shaun the Sheep and Chicken Run.
I had the honour of meeting the Aardman Animations founders, Creative Director Peter Lord and Executive Chairman
David Sproxton. They were absolutely pleasant, and I thanked them for giving me such excitement during my childhood watching these characters on the telly.
Here are my top 5 reasons why you need to check out the exhibition if you're in Melbourne town.
1) You'll be able to witness ORIGINAL pieces of artwork, including more than 50 iconic set pieces such as the spectacular 5-metre tall
ship from The Pirates! It's so cool, I could have literally spent hours looking at the sets and admiring each little object!
2) There are bits of each show being played around the exhibition next to the set pieces, you'll be able to get a real feel of what it all looks like in action.
3) It's exciting for all ages, the world comes alive in miniatures! You'll get a great understanding of what these creatives do!
4) Shaun the sheep will be there, smiling back at you. ;)
5) After you've experienced the whole exhibition, towards the back is an activity space with colourful modelling clay for inspired visitors to create their very own characters. I made this little guy!
So, what are you waiting for? Rug up, have a squizz at the exhibition and finish it off with a warm bowl of soup at the local ACMI Cafe & Bar.
Exhibition Photography Credit Charlie Kinross